J-Crew


hey guys.  its jim!  what up?  have you guys been giving Adam a hard time since i've been gone? if you haven't, why don't you kick him in the shin for me the next time you see him.  i wanted to write you guys and let you know that I'm doing pretty good.  I'm doing my best to walk with Jesus in this new place called, Chapel Hill.  Chapel Hill is home of the nation's best college basketball team, The UNC Tarheels.  Everybody here is crazy about basketball.   Living here has given me a new appreciation for basketball.  Before Michael Jordan joined the NBA, he went to college here at UNC (University of North Carolina) and was the best player on their basketball team.

I spend a lot of my time making friends with new people and talk to them about Jesus and how He is changing my life.  Sometimes it's tough because some people think they understand who Jesus is just because they've met people who called themselves "Christians".   A lot of  people here think that they are a Christian b/c they grew up going to church, but they don't trust in Jesus or even talk to him or read about Him in the Bible.   Anyway, I spend a lot of time making friends with these people.  I invite them over to my house to watch the Basketball games on TV, or sometimes we play cards, 360, or ping pong.   We have a lot of fun, but we also have a lot of challenging conversations about who Jesus REALLY is.   That's what I do for a job.  Pretty crazy huh?  Somedays it's super fun and super easy, other days it can be really tough.  

One of the cool things I'm learning here is how to know Jesus more.  I'm spending a lot of time reading my bible and talking to other people who really love Jesus too.  After doing this for several months straight.  I feel a lot closer to Jesus.  It's pretty cool.  You should try it sometime...

Anyway, I miss you guys!  I hope you guys are playing hard enjoyin life.  Do your best at life:  make the serious effort to know Jesus day to day.   You'll be glad ya did!   

No comments: