Logos Hope Adventures...


Hey Everybody!
For starters...I miss y'all like mad! Sounds like a lot of fun stuff is going on in FloCity. I'm bummed I'm missing out, but loving whats happening here too.
I'll tell you a little bit, and you can ask me for details later...But I got to the Logos Hope with Emily Stewart last Wednesday. We are in a city called Koge(you pronounce it Kooye), Denmark. We didn't sleep on the plane so we were pretty tired. The first day we were allowed to rest, but went full speed ahead on the second day! The ship has nine decks, we've painted, hauled heavy stuff, and scrubbed the outdoor decks. There is no work on the weekends, so we've been playing! Yesterday we went to Copenhagen which is the city we flew into. It is huge and we walked for a loooonnng time! Today we had church, played ULTIMATE FRISBEE and walked the beach of the Baltic Sea. It's been fun, and it is really cool to meet so many people from different countries.
One thing that I've really enjoyed seeing is Jesus being the same Jesus across cultures. He is the same Savior to my new friends from Australia, Germany, Denmark, Canada... I know we know that, but experiencing the unity we can have because of our faith in Christ is really cool. Another thing that has really been impressed on my heart is the fact that too often we don't take God seriously. Yea, we live in the safe little Bible belt, but God is BIG, REAL, and ALIVE! He is worthy of so much, and it is so important for us to consider what we should do with our lives as a result. Falling in love with Jesus is something I desperately want y'all to experience, take time this week to slow down and spend some good quality time with Him! He will rock your world!
I love you each buckets full! Can't wait to see you in August!

Jen
(wish I could post pictures...o well I'll show you when I get home.)

No comments: